ejabberd 15.02 is a major new release. We have added fixes as well as usual improvements.
However, ejabberd 15.02 is mostly a major improvement in the way we are handling our release cycle.
We are working with ejabberd community to expand and simplify the development of plugins. You can already find tens of plugins for ejabberd developed by the community. However, we want to make the development more accessible to developers. As such, we have introduced Elixir supports as a standard new language to develop for ejabberd and are working with Elixir community to make developing for ejabberd, much more simpler, while still retaining the power of Erlang.
As such, the major improvement in this release is Elixir language programming, with more features coming in the next month.
Please, read our blog post for details on why this is significant.
Here is the detailed changelog:
- add Elixir support, allows to write plugins in Elixir
- New command to reload configuration without restart
- Support old style erlang expressions in YAML configuration
- Improved captcha listener parsing when protocol not specified
- Fix upgrade of old unbinarized pubsub table from 2.1
- Minor updates in the documentation
- Other bugfixes
As usual, the release is tagged in the Git source code repository on github
The source package and binary installers are available at ProcessOne
If you suspect you found a bug, search or fill a bug report on github