We’re pleased to announce the first version of ejabberd for 2017.
This new ejabberd 17.01 follows closely the previous release. It includes mostly bug fixes over all the previous refactors.
Ejabberd 17.01 is a rock-solid stable base for upcoming improvements. It will give you the best experience you ever had with ejabberd.
If you ever wanted to upgrade your old ejabberd 2.1.13 or need a stable base for your server running the next couple of months, 17.01 is your best opportunity to get this done now!
Here are the most relevant changes
- Add example api_permissions: definition to config template
- Allow old-stype mod_vcard_ldap in the config
- Fix migration of old pubsub database (migrating from 2.1.x)
- Get nodes from ejabberd_cluster instead of mnesia
- mod_configure: Fix configuration commands
- Fix case clauses when using compression
- Set from/to in every routed packet
- Correctly process errors from new cyrsasl API
- Improve return values in cyrsasl API
- mod_http_bind: remove and migration code to mod_bosh
- mod_muc: Allow a subscriber to create room, then set allow_subscription=true
- mod_muc: Support legacy muc#roomconfig values
- mod_offline: Decode message before checking for expiration
- Let ejabberd_mnesia handles copy_type
- Fix index processing
- Speedup table setup, no i/o if EJABBERD_SCHEMA_PATH not set
- Add SSL support for SQL connections with PostgreSQL 1.1.2+
- Cope with malformed values in ‘rosterusers’ SQL table
- Improve tag insertion, avoid duplication
As usual, the release is tagged in the Git source code repository on Github.
The source package and binary installers are available at ProcessOne.
If you suspect that you’ve found a bug, please search or fill a bug report on Github.