This month’s ejabberd release contains many fixes and a few improvements. This is a consolidation release that help us pave the way to exciting new features coming at end of the summer.
Since we released our Message Archive Management support in ejabberd 15.06, we have been impressed by how quickly our users did adopt this features. It helps us make the implementation more robust and more complete, thanks to your feedback. This release thus improves ejabberd mod_mam.
We have also been very happy by the feedback received on our brand new installer for Windows, and for the .deb and .rpm packages. They are still beta, but thanks to your feedback, we could improve them tremendously. So, keep the feedback coming !
And of course, all this work on installers help us improve our tool to deploy and build ejabberd contributed modules. Contributed modules can now include their own configuration snippet, which are dynamically loaded by ejabberd.
Overall, this version should be easier and even more enjoyable to run and we all hope you will like the progress.
Message Archive Management (XEP-0313)
- Add “complete” attribute to MAM final response
- Fix mod_mam compatibility with RSM
- Changed mam iq get to set as specified by XEP-0313 v0.3
- Ensure config snippet is loaded at module installation
- Allow contribution to include .yml or .yaml config file
- Allow include of simple dependencies
Multi User Chat
- New API hook: muc_filter_packet
- Send notifications on MUC configuration changes
- Omit warning message regarding non-anonymous room
- During halt only shutdown MUC rooms on local node
- Allow migration of old pubsub items with old xmlelement structure in body
- Trigger PEP notifications on CAPS updates
- Check for node subscription of bare JID
- Flat is now the default plugin
Stream Management (XEP-0198)
- Increase timeout during resumption
- Increase default “max_ack_queue” value
ejabberd Client connection
- API change: user_send_packet is now a run_fold hook and pass the c2s State as a parameter. It was already the case in ejabberd 15.06, but it was not mentioned in the changelog, by mistake. So, now, you know :)
- Do not rely on behaviour info when doing config validation, so that it can work with ejabberd binary installers
- When passwords are scrammed, report check_password_hash cannot work
- Fix problem with merging values from multiple config files
- If local guide.html file not found, redirect to the online guide
- Support RTL page direction in WebAdmin for Hebrew
- configure.ac: add AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR and static AC_INIT
- Don’t crash web admin when displaying info about websocket using users
Both RPM and DEB now are using the improved post-install script which creates ejabberd user when installing as root. This let ejabberd running as user without any manual setup.
Windows installer now uses %USERPROFILE% to get path of user writable directory. We made numerous other fixes to that version, thanks to your feedback.
As usual, the release is tagged in the Git source code repository on Github.
The source package and binary installers are available at ProcessOne.
If you suspect that you’ve found a bug, please search or fill a bug report on Github.