The second release candidate of ejabberd 2.1 has been published by ProcessOne.
ejabberd 2.1.0 RC2 is available as source code as well as binary installers for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows from here: http://www.process-one.net/downloads/ejabberd/2.1.0-rc2/.
The readme text is here: http://www.process-one.net/downloads/ejabberd/2.1.0-rc2/README.txt.
The list of changes in RC2 compared to RC1 are:
- Use queue to reduce quadratic time effort on selective receive.
- Pack presences stored in C2S processes to reduce memory consumption.
- Support gen_tcp send timeout to close the connection if the destination has disconnected ungracefully or cannot keep up with the rate at which we are sending data.
- Pubsub node names are used verbatim, without separating by slash, unless a node plugin uses its own separator.
- Many miscellaneous fixes and improvements in PubSub, PEP and Caps.
- New general option max_fsm_queue.
- New option backlog for ejabberd_listener to increase TCP backlog.
- New mod_pubsub option max_items_node.
- New CAPTCHA example script.
- In default config, only local accounts can create rooms and pubsub nodes.
- New Greek translation. Also updated Catalan and Polish.
- Improve compilation in Mac OS X Snow Leopard.